For the week ending 27 July 2019 / 24 Tammuz 5779
- Who may annul a vow?
- When may a father annul his widowed daughter's vows?
- Why were the Jewish People not commanded to attack Moav, as they were to attack Midian?
- Those selected to fight Midian went unwillingly. Why?
- What holy vessels accompanied the Jewish People into battle?
- Those who killed in the war against Midian were required to remain outside the"machane" (camp). Which machane?
- Besides removing traces of forbidden food, what else is needed to make metal vessels obtained from a non-Jew fit for a Jewish owner?
- "We will build sheep-pens here for our livestock and cities for our little ones." What was improper about this statement?
- During the conquest of the Land, where did Bnei Gad and Bnei Reuven position themselves?
- What promise did Bnei Gad and Bnei Reuven make beyond that which Moshe required?
- 30:2 - Preferably, an expert in the laws of nedarim. Otherwise, three ordinary people.
- 30:10 - If she is under 12 and 1/2 years old and widowed before she was fully married.
- 31:2 - Because Moav only acted out of fear against the Jewish People. Also, Ruth was destined to come from Moav.
- 31:5 - They knew that Moshe's death would follow.
- 31:6 - The aron and the tzitz.
- 31:19 - The Machane Shechina.
- 31:23 - Immersion in a mikve.
- 32:16 - They showed more regard for their property than for their children.
- 32:17 - At the head of the troops.
- 32:24 - Moshe required them to remain west of the Jordan during the conquest of the Land. They promised to remain after the conquest until the Land was divided among the tribes.