For the week ending 23 November 2019 / 25 Heshvan 5780
Parshat Chayei Sara
- Name the four couples buried in Kiryat Arba.
- What did Sarah hear that caused her death?
- What title of honor did the Bnei Chet bestow upon Avraham?
- Where was Avraham born?
- How were Avraham's camels distinguished?
- What is meant by "all the good of his master in his hand"?
- What special character trait did Eliezer seek when choosing a wife for Yitzchak?
- Why did Avraham's servant, Eliezer, run toward Rivka?
- Why did Lavan run to greet Eliezer?
- When Lavan told Eliezer that the house was cleared out, what did he remove?
- Who did Eliezer want Yitzchak to marry?
- Aside from Eliezer, to which other people did Rivka offer to give water?
- Lavan answered Eliezer before his father, Betuel, had a chance. What does this indicate about Lavan's character?
- What did Rivka mean when she said "I will go?"
- What blessing did Rivka's family give her before she departed?
- Who was Ketura?
- What gift did Avraham give to Yitzchak?
- How old was Avraham when he died?
- For how many years did Yaakov attend the Yeshiva of Ever?
- How many times is Eliezer's name mentioned in this week's Parsha?
All references are to the verses and Rashi's commentary, unless otherwise stated.
- 23:2 - Adam and Chava, Avraham and Sara, Yitzchak and Rivka, Yaakov and Leah.
- 23:2 - That Yitzchak was almost slaughtered.
23:6 - Prince of
- 24:7 - Ur Kasdim.
- 24:10 - They were muzzled, so they wouldn't graze in the fields of others.
- 24:10 - Eliezer carried a document in which Avraham gave all he owned to Yitzchak so that people would want their daughter to marry him.
- 24:14 - He sought someone who excelled in performing acts of kindness.
- 24:17 - He saw that the waters of the well rose when she approached.
- 24:29 - Lavan coveted his money.
- 24:31 - Idols.
- 24:39 - His own daughter.
- 24:44 - To the men who accompanied Eliezer.
- 24:50 - That he was wicked.
- 24:58 - I will go even if you don't want me to go.
- 24:60 - That the blessings given to Avraham would continue through her children.
- 25:1 - Hagar.
- 25:5 - The power of blessing.
- 25:7 - 175 years old.
- 25:17 - 14 years.