Kadoori – The Man, the Gift and the School
Some of Israel's most prominent leaders received their education in the Kadoori Agricultural School located at the foot of Mount Tabor in Galilee.
The school is named for Sir Eliyahu Kadoori, a resident of Hong Kong whose money made possible its establishment in 1931. In his will Kadoori left a large sum for Palestine. Since the will did not stipulate that it was for the benefit of his fellow Jews, the British Mandate authority claimed ownership. After much negotiation it was decided to divide the gift into two funds – one for an agricultural school for Jews and one for the Arabs in Tulkarem.